Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Safety Tips for Dogs by Care2


Happy Almost Halloween!

I came across this cool article at Care2 regarding tips on how to keep your dog safe during Halloween and thought I would share. I will look and see if there are any cat safety tips too. Enjoy!

It can be very fun for children to dress up and pretend to be a different character. But, dogs don’t understand the concept and can be very fearful of people wearing masks and costumes. And the huge number of children ringing the doorbell and yelling “Trick or Treat” can put many dogs into sensory overload. In my early adult years, I had a small dog with a heart murmur that had a heart attack on Halloween and died. The constant activity was too much for him. If I knew then what I know now, I would have kept him away from all of the noisy activity.
TheUncommonDog.com provided this infograph, filled with helpful tips for keeping dogs safe on Halloween. I agree whole heartedly about keeping your dogs in a separate room, away from the trick or treaters. Many will benefit from being in a quiet room with a good chew toy, lights out, and calming canine music playing to keep them stress free. Cats will also benefit from being in a quiet room away from the noise by the front door. They require consistency in their environment, and Halloween is filled with unpredictable events for them

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/keeping-pets-safe-on-halloween.html#ixzz2jEAnjfmy




Have a safe and very Spooky Halloween! Ruff! Ruff!
Hugs, Janet~

No comments:

Post a Comment